White and Mercury Free Fillings
White fillings vs mercury dark coloured fillings. There are multiple advantages and disadvantages on both these materials, however it is widely acknowledges from a holistic point of care the lack of mercury in white fillings is often considered healthier.
Advantages of white fillings are:
- Mercury free
- Adhere and glue to the tooth
- Prevent tooth from splitting over time.
- Better looking cosmetically.
- Often involve less tooth removal.
- Can be lined using fluoride releasing products to harden teeth.